Due to impending inclement weather Governor Beshear is closing all state office buildings Friday, January 12, 2024, beginning at 1:00 p.m. EST.
Executive Branch agencies will continue to provide services to the citizens of the Commonwealth; therefore, in accordance with PM 21-05, the following staffing/work requirements apply:
- All telecommuting employees shall continue to work based on their scheduled work hours.
- Essential employees designated for mandatory operations should continue to report to work. Essential employees include, but are not limited to:
- employees who work in 24-hour facilities such as parks, hospitals, prisons, or residential facilities;
- law enforcement and emergency management personnel; and
- highway and road crews.
- Non-essential employees who are scheduled to work in an Executive Branch state office building, who:
- are able to perform duties remotely, shall continue to work based on their scheduled work hours via telecommuting.
- cannot perform duties remotely, shall not report to work and will receive closure pay.
NOTICE: If you are an employee in a leadership or management position, please follow your agency’s internal process for ensuring this information is received by all employees in a timely manner.
Your agency’s human resources office will provide instructions on the coding of timesheets. If you have questions regarding this closure, please contact either your agency’s management or human resources office.
Kentucky Personnel Cabinet