How can I change my name on my property?

To change your name on the tax assessment roll, you must do the following:

  • File a quitclaim deed on your property from your old name to your new name and file it with the Jefferson County Clerk’s Office. There is a $17.00 fee to file this document.

The tax assessment roll will be changed upon receipt of the Quit Claim Deed.  There is no charge by the PVA to make this change.

Email or call (502) 574-6380 if you have any questions.