I junked my car and gave my title to the junkyard. Why am I still getting a tax bill?

If you are going to “junk” your vehicle and give your title to the junkyard, be sure to make a copy of the front and back of your title and obtain a “junk” receipt and fax it all to (502) 574-5036 with the Motor Vehicle Affidavit. Copies of the Motor Vehicle Affadavit can be requested by calling the Motor Vehicle Department at (502) 574-6450 or emailing MotorVehicle@JeffersonPVA.Ky.gov.

You may be receiving a tax bill because the junkyard did not notify our office when they received the “junked” vehicle.