If an organization is recognized as a 501(c) organization by the Internal Revenue Service, does that automatically qualify the organization exempt from real property taxation?

No.  The organization must apply for exemption from real property taxation with the Jefferson County PVA Office or the Kentucky Department of Revenue for exempt determination.  The burden of proof rests upon the organization claiming the exemption to establish qualification and satisfaction of all its requirements.