* File a tangible property tax return for each property location within Kentucky.
* The return must include the property location by street address and county. A post office box is not acceptable as the property address.
* Enter your Social Security or Federal Employer Identification Number on all returns, schedules, attachments and correspondence.
* Sign all returns and include telephone number(s).
* File returns with the Property Valuation Administrator or Kentucky Revenue Cabinet by May 15th.
* All returns postmarked after May 15th will be assessed additional penalties and applicable interest by the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. Personal property tax returns cannot be filed with your income tax return.
* There is no filing extension provision for tangible personal property tax returns.
* Please do not send payment with the return. Tax bills will be mailed by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
Please follow all guidelines listed in the Personal Property Tax Forms and Instructions packet.
Click here to download the 2010 Personal Property Tax Forms and Instructions.
*This packet contains forms and instructions for filing your 2010 tangible personal property tax return.
Click here to download the 2009 Personal Property Tax Forms and Instructions.
*This packet contains forms and instructions for filing your 2009 tangible personal property tax return.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view or print these forms. Go to www.adobe.com to download the free software.
Mail completed form to:
Office of the Jefferson County PVA
815 W. Market Street, Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40202-2654